Are you looking for something new this year? Have you ever considered volunteering with FFR long term? We would love to have you join our team! In addition to hospital shifts, there is also opportunity to assist with Kids Club, After School Program, Teen Mums, sorting and organizing donations, welcoming short term volunteers, and a variety of other areas.
To give you more of an idea of what it is like, we asked our past and present long term volunteers to share some of the highlights of their experience with FFR. Here are some of the responses:
- I love being a long term volunteer because it’s such an honour to get to spend time with these precious babies, and being here longer we get to see some of the babies as they grow, from babies to babbling, to standing and walking and talking. It’s so special to get to share even a short time of their lives with them, play and love them, and pray for them.
- Working in Budila in Kids Club and in the After School Program, I have the opportunity to work with the children I have held as a baby before. I see them grow in size, in their personalities, in their love for others and God. Another point is that I am able to get to know so many wonderful people who come as long or short term volunteer as well as many Romanians here in Brasov.
- I love being able to see the children every week day and really get to know what they like and dislike and how to interact with each different child. Short term is great, but coming long term has enabled me to really get to know the children well and love them as the beautiful individuals God made them to be.
- It was the most eye opening, rewarding, heartbreaking and fulfilling experience of my life. Romania is the most special place I have ever been. The country’s beauty is unbelievable, it’s culture rich, and its people tremendous in character and heart. FFR offers the opportunity to work alongside amazing people, with diverse days made up of everything from cuddling babies to sorting donations, teaching and entertaining short term volunteers. If you’re looking to serve and have a heart for people, FFR is a special organization that is working alongside, and not over, a people that need their self determination to be supported and celebrated. It is quite simply, the opportunity of a life time.
- Being a long term volunteer with FFR has been the best experience of my life and I am so thankful for the years I have been able to spend in Romania. I love the quiet cuddles with the babies in the hospital, the games and laughter, the incredible sweetness of watching them fall asleep in my arms, and being able to calm theirs cries and wipe away their tears. My relationship with God has also grown as I learn to trust and rely on Him more. The work here is not always easy, but it is always so worth it!
If you are interested in being a part of our long term volunteer team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!