Born in Romania, Robert has returned to his home country for the first time after his family moved to Canada when he was eight years old. He and his wife are volunteering with Firm Foundations Romania for two months. Robert quickly noted that he was the only male volunteer at this time, as the majority of volunteers who come out are female. Through this interview, Robert wants to make it known that “Real Men Love Babies” and encourage more males to come volunteer as the babies in the hospital need father figures and good role models!
We would like to introduce our Austrian volunteer Teresa Brandstatter, who is volunteering with FFR for three months. Sarah Vienna interviewed Teresa about life in Austria and her volunteer experience. Read more
If you are interested in joining our volunteer team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Two very exciting things happened at the orphanage in May and June! In May, we organized a scrub drive in order to give each nurse a new cute scrub top. The scrubs they normally wear are very plain and some nurses do not have any at all.
For those of us living in Romania, we are blessed to be able to celebrate Easter twice most years! Romania is a primarily Orthodox country, which uses a different calendar system than the Western church. “The formula for Easter—”The first Sunday after the first full moon on or after the vernal equinox”—is identical for both Western and Orthodox Easters, but the churches base the dates on different calendars: Western churches use the Gregorian calendar, the standard calendar for much of the world, and Orthodox churches use the older, Julian calendar.”
This year Romania celebrated Easter on May 1st. Our volunteers and teenage girls came together to celebrate this holiday with good food, lots of fun and fellowship. Everyone enjoyed the celebration, and most importantly, we recognized once again just how blessed we are to have a God who loves us unconditionally!
To see the full album of pictures, please follow this link: http://myalbum.com/album/vm6RmDxoP0Jl
- We are looking for someone to volunteer 3 to 4 hours a week to assist Firm Foundations Romania with social media needs such as website modifications, blog posts, newsletter editing, and fund raising marketing.
- We are looking for individuals to come and help renovate our Support Center, located on the hospital grounds, where we have meetings, store donations and diapers, and plan to make an office space. Projects include plastering, painting, plumbing, etc.
- We are also looking to employ Romanian-speaking individuals for our After School Program, our High School Mentorship Program, and as a Den Mother. These is a full time paid positions which include Carta de Munca.
If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com. We ask that you pass this message to anyone who might be able to assist in one of these areas, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Just when you think volunteers forget their experience of volunteering in Romania with FFR, a Facebook message comes in like this from one of our treasured volunteers, Shawny.
I come from a wonderful little place, far, far away.. It’s white and snowy as far as the eye can see, mostly dark all day long this time of year and its cold so you’ll need layers of clothes when you leave the front door. This wonderful little planet of make-believe is called Sweden.
Str. Dealul de Jos 18A
Braşov, 500080 România
- Secretly, Regardless Of Age, Everyone Wants To Hunt For Easter Eggs! April 26, 2017
- I’ll Never Forget the First Time I Saw Green Grass April 12, 2017
- Good Morning Guildford! FFR Presents at a Women’s Breakfast. March 30, 2017